» [INFO] SS5 in Peru will start at 27/04 8PM (PET) which mean 28/04 10AM (KST).
- Super Junior set a record in South America with their ‘Super Show 5‘ concert in Chile!
- The group performed in front of 12,000 passionate ELF on the 25th (local time) and raised the bar high. According to SM Entertainment, Super Junior has drawn in the largest audience for a Korean group in South America with this recent event.
- The members had fans beaming in bliss as they performed songs like, “Twins“, “Sorry Sorry“, “Bonamana“, “Mr. Simple“, and more for a total of 24 tracks, including a performance with the song “Ai Se Eu Te Pego“, which they prepared specially for this leg of their tour.
- As all good things must eventually come to an end, Super Junior will be wrapping up their South America tour in Peru on the 27th.
- cr: allkpop.com
- TYPICALLY, ARTISTS ARE EXHAUSTED AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF A CONCERT. SUPER JUNIOR, HOWEVER, SEEMED TO HAVE REENERGIZED THROUGH THE CONNECTION THEY SHARED
- Super Junior ‘Losing Members to the Military is Fine’
- Typically, artists are exhausted after the conclusion of a concert. Super Junior, however, seemed to have reenergized through the connection they shared with the fans in Brazil after a 3-hour concert in San Paolo on April 22.
- Back at their hotel rooms, we got to hear their afterthoughts on the concert.
- -How were the fans in Brazil?
- They were amazing. Everyone was dancing along. So we got overexcited and did too much early on and got exhausted too fast
- -Why are the fans in South America so much more energetic?
- Countries that we frequent usually have a fan base according to each member of the group. But since South America does not have that divide yet and love the group and our music as a whole.
- -What are your reactions for being the first idol group to perform here?
- When we debuted, we used to always say we wanted to be the best in Asia. We have come a long way and it is amazing to see that people from the other side of the globe want to see us perform. We are excited to be making history.
- -Some of the members are serving in the army. How’s that?
- Initially, it was a big concern for all of us. But over time, we are learning to fill their void with our know-how’s. We will manage until the members finish their military service and come back to join us.
- -What is the plan for the rest of year?
- It looks like we will not be releasing a full album as Super Junior. We will do more stuff from spin-off groups and by individuals.
- -Any last words?
- We just want to invite everyone to our show. It will provide a new perspective on Super Junior as an artist.
- Leeteuk said that in the army, there was a saying that “one call to a girl group member and your army life will bloom” so before he enlisted, he jotted down the numbers of several girl group members(4 members of SNSD, 2 members of sistar and 2 members of girls day). He then made a call to several of them in the army for his executive and he was being treated differently after that XD
- The MC asked if there were any members that Leeteuk thinks that “it would be good if he enlists soon”. teuk then picked eunhyuk because he said that when he was training in the army, there were several incidents that happened. Because the soldiers aren’t allowed to go on the internet nor watch TV so he doesn’t know what exactly happened but everyone was asking Leeteuk to clarify stuff so Leeteuk said that he hopes that Eunhyuk would come in to the army soon and clarify things himself XD
- Source & Translation @teukables
» [INFO] R.I.P Malaysian ELF
Morning ELF.. sorry I have a bad news to all esp Malaysian ELF. The founder of Malaysian ELF Crew, Anna Hankyung a.k.a Kim Eun Mi just passed away due to traffic accident. She is 1 of ELF i knew personally, very hardworking n forever true ELF. She was supposed to get marry this June / July but unfortunately God loves her even more.. For Muslim ELF lets recite AlFatihah for her. Tq :’(
News Credits to @sh4yr4
» [INFO] Super Junior was supposed to release 7th Jib next year February but postponed because of SS5! Now the comeback date is unknown. Wonder what is the date of their next comeback?
- -It took 25 hours to get to Brazil. Was it hard getting here
- “It took 30 hours to get to Chile last year. Because of that memory, we were very scared but we also were able to prepare well so we came very comfortably. We used our know-how on sleeping on board to come here. We kept eating and watching movies on board so we enjoyed the ride.” (Eunhyuk)
- - How do you feel after your first solo concert in Brazil
- “I feel weird and confused. I still can’t believe this is Brazil. When we came to Chile last year, it was a group concert for a music show so I felt ‘oh this is Chile’. But now, I feel weird. And since we were able to have a concert in Brazil, I want to brag about it. When we were debuting, our dreams were not performing in Brazil nor having a world tour. Our goal was Asia’s star. We started off with our goal as number 1 Asian star. Now, we get requests to perform across the world. I find it amazing.” (Eunhyuk)
- -146 fans fainted today
- “I felt sad, seeing the securities have to carry fans during exciting songs. During the ‘Rockstar’ stage, we shout ‘one more time, one more time!’ many times. Because we came to a passionate country, we said we should make a new record of number of times we say ‘one more time’, but (after seeing fans pass out,) we only did it 3 times.” (Shindong)
- -Their reactions were very heated
- “I think it’s the difference of culture. I experienced this in Chile. Everyone there is relaxed. It doesn’t feel fast paced like a city, but relaxed. They don’t just shout ‘oppa oppa’ from the seats, they dance and enjoy the songs together with us.” (Kangin)
- -How is their reactions compared to other countries?
- “Amazing. They dance and sing together with us. They do all of singing, dancing, and cheering. We got very excited by the fans, and used all our strength in the beginning. Fans were very energetic while we got very tired.” (Eunhyuk)
- -Super Junior looked very excited today
- “We talked about many stupid things (because we were very excited). Especially Donghae. When he goes overseas, he lies to fans. Nowadays, he does ments like ‘You all are very sexy. I’ll call you tonight. You’ll call me right?’” (Eunhyuk)”
- -Eunhyuk and Donghae ripped each other’s shirts during the concert.
- “This time, we didn’t talk about taking off shirts. Eunhyuk said he ate a lot yesterday and would not take off his shirt but in the end, he took off his shirt.” (Kangin)
- “Donghae’s eyes were telling me to rip it. He had his tshirt ripped a bit. I got excited and ripped it.” (Eunhyuk)
- -You performed a Brazilian artist’s song today
- “We heard it was the most famous song in South America. We learned about it while playing a soccer game, ’Winning Eleven’, with TVXQ and SHINee. There is a part in the lyrics that goes ‘el losa el losa’ (he meant nossa nossa) and that part really sticks to your ears. We started singing along to it. We performed it because we thought our South American fans would like it.” (Kyuhyun)
- -Super Junior stood on stage with the lowest number of members since debut
- “During 1jib title song ‘So I’, there were 12 members. Now, we performed with 7 members. As members go to army one by one, we look empty.” (Kangin)
- “We worried about this concert because of the number of our members. But as ‘Super Show’ reached its 5th year, members skills increased. While performing ‘Super Show 5′ in Seoul, we realized we don’t need to worry about (lack of members).” (Eunhyuk)
- “One leaves, and another comes back. We will continue making songs and going on shows until the last member goes and comes back. We want to keep protecting our name.” (Shindong)
- -After Encore, the concert changed to be like a fanmeeting
- “The longest concert in ‘Super Show 4′ was 4.5 hours. It was because we had long ments so we decided to lessen the amount of talking. But the reactions to our ments were great again. So we wanted to talk.” (Eunhyuk)
- -Plans this year?
- “I don’t think there will be an official SJ album this year. We are planning individual/unit activities. We are busy with world tour right now. Including encore, I think it will continue till next February.” (Shindong)
- -Did you contact Yesung, who is preparing to enlist?
- “We have a group chat on a messenger. Before the concert started, I made fun of him, sending messages like ‘this this and this is happening right now. You just do your job (enlisting) well.’. After arriving to Brazil, I sent him ‘Come to the park in front of the dorm’ while I was at the hotel pool.” (Eunhyuk)
- -Any last words to say?
- “I hope Korean fans come watch ‘Super Show’” (Shindong)
- “At last concert in Seoul, Siwon purchased some tickets with his own money and gave them to hoobaes and friends in music industry. He invited them saying ‘I will take care of you when you come’. After they have watched us perform, they said things like ‘I thought you guys were a dancing group but the stages with your own individual charms were great and funny.’ We wanted to show that our concerts aren’t just aiming for money.” (Kangin)
- Source: IlGanSports
- Trans@ sj-empire.com
» [INFO] SJ said they want to present themselves in the 2014 World Cup and this year, want to return to Brazil with SS 6!